The Chesterfield Career and Technical Center Counseling staff strives to support our school division’s vision of preparing every student to be college and career ready. Our professional school counselors encourage and assist students with academic, social/emotional, and career issues to help them build and maintain life skills and healthy peer group interactions.
The following school counseling services are available to all Chesterfield Career & Technical Center students:
- Academic counseling which assists students and their parents in acquiring knowledge of the curricula choices available to students, planning a program of studies, arranging and interpreting academic testing, and seeking post-secondary academic opportunities.
- Career counseling which helps students acquire information and plan actions about work, apprenticeships, and post-secondary educational career opportunities.
- Personal/social counseling which assists students in developing an understanding of themselves, resolving conflict and defining individual goals that reflect their interest, abilities and aptitudes.
- Parents may choose to opt their child out of any or all counseling services by sending a letter to the school principal.
- Parents may review any or all materials used in the school counseling program by making an appointment with the School Counseling Coordinator.
- Small group counseling or on-going, structured counseling of a personal/social nature requires written parental permission.