On Feb. 2, the Virginia Department of Education presented to the Board of Education the review and revision process of the 2017 English Standards of Learning. The department is hosting opportunities for the public to engage, provide feedback and contribute to the review of the 2017 English Standards of Learning, which identify the essential content, processes and skills for grade level courses. Public comment may be offered during community engagement sessions, through this form provided on the Virginia Department of Education website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org until March 13. Advance registration is required for all community engagement sessions, and in-person sessions are limited to 100 participants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each in-person community engagement session will take place 6:30-8 p.m.:
- March 22: register here for session at Christopher Newport University in Mary M. Torggler Fine Arts Center, 1 Avenue of the Arts, Newport News, VA 23606.
- March 23: register here for session at Virginia Commonwealth University in Academic Learning Commons, 1000 Floyd Ave., Richmond, VA 23220.
- March 28: register here for session at James Madison University in Memorial Hall, 395 S. High St., Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Four virtual community engagement sessions are planned:
- March 21: register here for 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. virtual session
- March 27: register here for 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. virtual session
- March 29: register here for 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. virtual session
- March 30: register here for 6:30 p.m. -8 p.m. virtual session